Thursday, March 12, 2009

panama city

The adventure starts tomorrow. Leaving Madtown tomorrow night, and going to somewhere warm for spring break. How fantastic. Yet, it's not a normal "I'm gonna sit on the beach and look cute and get tan" kind of spring break. It's even better! I will get to spend a week learning and growing. I will get to spend a week with some of my wonderful friends from here, and will get the opportunity to make new friends from around the country. I will get to spend a week focusing on God. How utterly fantastic.

I just have one request for you, whoever you are. Please pray for all of the people going on this trip, for our safe travels, etc. And please pray that whatever we say while we're roaming the beaches comes from God, not from us. Pray that we have the strength to go out and talk to people even though we're afraid or uncomfortable, and that we might impact people. I know that a lot of prayer goes into this project, and I'm simply asking you to be a part of it as well. We would all really appreciate it. :)

On a different note. It's 2:30 or so. This wouldn't have been strange a few weeks ago, but this is the latest I have stayed up in quite a while. I have a paper that's due in 6 hours, and yet my distractions haven't been people, so much as being kept busy with cleaning/packing/laundry. I wish I had taken the time to do this paper earlier. I wish that I stopped saying this every time I had a paper, and actually worked on it before hand.

My grades, and I suppose, essentially my future, all depend on things like this, and I am so nonchalant about them. As if they don't matter. I mean, they don't, but they do. It's so obnoxious. It's not even that this paper will be hard to write, it's simply that I have to write it that makes me upset. Bleh school.

No comments: