Wednesday, March 11, 2009

page one hundred, sixty four

contains the sentences that I wish I had read before Christmas break. Perhaps things would be different. I finished Captivating today while sitting at the union for a few hours. Alone. Ignoring everything around me, like usual when I am completely taken in by a good book. I urge you to read it if you're a young woman. Or a female at all really. It is so honest. Parts of it struck me deeply, and I'm so thankful that my friend loaned it to me. Now, I'm going to pass it on.

If you ever get this book and read page 164 (or maybe the pages are different, in which case, it's in chapter nine, subtitle "single women") then you should come talk to me. You should come talk to me anyway, because I would love to hear from you. Anyway, in a single paragraph, they basically summed up my life since the beginning of 2009. How insightful of them. And how wondrous to realize, that no, of course I'm not alone in this.

If no one told you today, please, allow me.

You, are beautiful. You are loved. You are capable. And you are needed.

I pray that you never believe the lies of people that say anything contrary to this. I pray that you see yourself for what you are. Not who you "ought to be" or who you are "trying to be" but who you are. There is only one you, and there is a God that loves you enough to die to save you from this world. He believes that you are special, and that you are worth everything.

No comments: