Sunday, February 15, 2009

weekends

are never long enough. Seriously, who made this system? I had a very fabulous weekend, but I need like...one more day. Just one. Make it a 3-4 instead of a 2-5 system. That would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I could leave Madison for a weekend if that happened. Or, you know, I could always just ditch class on Friday. Sounds fine by me! Woot.

Anywho, I liked this weekend. The dance was a lot of fun, and I stayed up probably too late, because I slept in until a ridiculous hour yesterday. Valentine's Day the girls spent the evening making dinner for the guys, and we all hung out and just chilled together. It was splendid. And of course, today was the normal Sunday, Blackhawk, brunch, NAP! I haven't really done enough homework to justify blogging, but whatevs. I live.

"Without love life is like rock n' roll without a drummer...Like a week that's only Mondays." Haha, that's fantastic. And a perfect picture for the girl who has more classes on Monday than any other day, and who doesn't come back to her room until like...7:00. Smiles.

I probably spent too much time contemplating different parts of my life this weekend. I was going to journal journal, legitly, but I kept falling asleep, so it never happened. Things have changed, and I am trying to process them all. It's a very difficult process. (I can't believe I just typed that line, because now it reminds me of Jenny, and the fact that I do not have FOTC tickets. LAME). But yeah, I don't really know what to think sometimes, other than I have been using my sister as an ultimate advice machine.

I really can't believe there's a chance of my not seeing her at all this summer. If I get accepted to go on a project, I won't at all, because I won't be at the reunion. I'm still so torn about that, but, my application is done, and turned in, and if I'm accepted to go to North Myrtle, I for sure am. Spring break is in...like a month, and I'm stoked to go to Florida. Absolutely excited to spend a week with Cru kids, at a warmer version of TCX.

"Lady in Waiting" - new book that I started while procrastinating on my homework. Seriously, I need to continue reading stuff like this, otherwise, I don't know how I'll keep my head screwed on sometimes. Reckless Abandonment. Two words that should equal my life. Follow Christ, no matter what. Love him, desire a relationship that is greater than any I shall find, ever. Be complete in Him. Oh, such simple ideas, to love him like you would a boyfriend/fiance/husband. Yet it's so hard to live out! I pray that I grow in such a relationship, daily, despite the world and all of its interferences. Join me?

No comments: