Friday, February 27, 2009

board game of awesomeness

So, my day got better. I freaked out a little, and to calm myself down, took a nap. When I woke up, it was brilliant. It's been a good evening. I'm excited for tomorrow. Woot. 12 ish hours from now I shall get to see a person that I really enjoy. Killer awesome.

I finished that paper, at like, 3:15 in the morning. It was ridiculously late, but really, that's how I function! I hope it turned out well, because I really liked it. I enjoy talking about the Bible, in general. It makes me happy. It's such a fantastic guide to life. My favorite thing that came out of my paper, was my renewed understanding and awe of grace.

The Old Testament, is so full of rules, if you never noticed. And those rules, from what I understand, were the way to God. "And if we are careful to obey all this law before the Lord our God, as he has commanded us, that will be our righteousness." (Deut 6:25)

Yet, here's the New Testament "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9)

We can screw up, and be forgiven. That is beyond words of my vocabulary. How simply, unbelievable is that? I know that I could never follow all of the rules. I break them every day, heck, probably every minute. Seriously, that's impossible. But God knew that, and sent His Son to free us from that sin. I'm so thankful. I would be royally screwed without Him. I honestly don't know what my life would look like. I pray that you appreciate the turn over from rules to grace as much as I do.

On a different note, I didn't leave school until this morning, because of the weather. So, that means I didn't miss Cru! Woot woot. I'm trying not to miss it all semester. That, and church. Awe-some. Anyway, Lauren spoke. And something that really stuck with me, was about the alcohol. I know I just wrote about this, but really, it's been something that I feel really, well, convicted, to not take part in.

1 Corinthians 10:31-33: "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God— even as I try to please everybody in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved."

I know that a lot of people struggle with drinking. I know that a lot of college students, especially at my campus, have problems with this. I'm not going to add to it by causing them to fall. I don't want to give that example. If that means that people think that I'm not having "fun" or if it means they think I'm weird, or whatever, well then, I'll deal with that. I hope that it makes them think though, makes them question. So, though I don't think she will ever see this - I want to thank Lauren. Good message girl.

No comments: