Wednesday, February 25, 2009

a road trip of a different kind

So, I think that 18 ish hours in a vehicle, in one weekend, is pretty legit. That's a lot of driving. No, it's not in one clear shot, and is actually going to be drawn out over a 4 day weekend starting tomorrow right after class. However, I am simply stating the fact that it is a lengthy amount of time to be spending in a car, or on a Greyhound. Thankfully, the Greyhound portion of the trip will only be about 5 hours. Not fun at all, but at least all 18 or so aren't on a bus. I think that might just kill me.

I'm still working on my paper, but even though one would think that I'm sick of writing at the moment, I just am a little sick of the noise level. The writing isn't actually that bad, and it's just taking some time to process, but I really don't mind it. And besies, blogging isn't the same kind of writing as an essay, so this doesn't make it more harsh, or anything. I kinda have a headache, and I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it's because of the obnoxiously loud people who've been in the den while I was attempting to concentrate on this paper. I wised up, and moved to the basement, where the level of noise is much, much lower.

I just have to make it through this paper, and then, essentially, I'm free until Sunday. I have some minor things that I should get done Friday, but I'm not going to freak out about them. I have to make it for the next...9 hours, until I turn this in, and then I just have to manage through classes, and finally leave at about 4:00. I can't wait to fall asleep in my own bed, for three nights in a row. How fantastic.

Oh, I bought the song Singin in the Rain last night off of iTunes, and honestly, I love that scene from the movie. It is so...pure, I guess. The guy is so in love that he doesn't mind the pouring rain. Cute. Not gonna lie though, I love the pouring rain more often than not, and today was one of those days. It drizzled this morning, and then started actually raining as I went to class. I had my hood down, and that song was in my headphones, and life was freaking good, man. I pity the poor fool who walks around with an umbrella. Live a little! The feeling of rain, is amazing. The only time it isn't, is if it's super windy, and it's painful. But if it's simply raining, it's spectacular. I don't know why others don't like it. It boggles my mind.

Can we fast forward to Saturday please?

No comments: