Thursday, February 12, 2009

lullabye

I want to go to the Billy Joel/Elton John concert. That would be amazing. My favorite song though, I think of Joel's is one that I don't think most people even really know exist. It's adorable, and it's so meaningful to me because it has been sprinkled throughout my life at different moments.

"Goodnight my angel time to close your eyes and save these questions for another day. i think I know what you've been asking me. I think you know what I've been trying to say. I promised I would never leave you. And you should always know. Wherever you may go, no matter where you are, I never will be far away.

Goodnight my angel now it's time to sleep. And still so many things I want to say. Remember all the songs you sang for me, when we went sailing on an emerald bay. And like a boat out on the ocean, I'm rocking you to sleep. The water's dark and deep inside this ancient heart; you'll always be a part of me.

Goodnight my angel now it's time to dream. And dream how wonderful your life will be. Someday your child may cry and if you sing this lullabye, then in your heart there will always be a part of me. Someday we'll all be gone, but lullabyes go on and on. They never die, that's how you and I will be."

It's a fantastic song. And I want to sing it, often. I have fallen asleep listening to this song, more times that I could ever attempt to count. And I want for my children someday to fall asleep to it as I have.

On a separate note. Today was horrid. There were sparkling moments, but as a whole, not a fabulous day. However, tonight? Bloody splendid. I will never not smile after a conversation like the one that I just had. It's simply impossible to not smile. Not that I'm really trying not to, but still. Anyway, I had a lot go wrong today, and a lot of things were stressful, but it's all better now. Not only have I talked to some really good friends, about options, reality, God's perfect timing, etc. But, I learned something that I hadn't known previously, something I had overlooked. And I wouldn't dream of lying, part of it kills me because I know of the downfalls. The other side of it makes me happier than I've been all day. Ugh.

Oh, and, here's a definition for you. Because it's a funny word, and I've probably heard it more times in the last month than I have in the two years.

SAUCY - impertinently bold and impudent

- amusingly forward and flippant : irrepressible

However, the highlight of my day wasn't the conversation. That was number two to the fact that I saw a face that was awestruck and grateful for a simple kind gesture today. I wish people would be kind more often, it moves people in such amazing ways.

No comments: