Tuesday, January 13, 2009

the shack

You know, I don't think it makes any difference to me, that this isn't true. Fiction can be moving, sometimes more so than fact, and this is totally one of those times. In all honesty? My mind can't exactly (or at all) comprehend what it would mean if this were to have happened, yet I'm going to take it as it is, because it is so intruiging. And not only that, but it's so powerful. And so wonderful. And everything in it rings true in my head, and makes me feel loved. Even though I feel lost at times, even though I don't understand why, or what. Even if I can't imagine how to be closer...this is exactly what I needed to read at the moment.

I've been on a book binge, and I'm so thankful, because I've missed reading. Yeah, I liked the books I read last semester, but they weren't helpful in the ways that some of the things that I've recently read have been. Books are amazing, and I suggest that you befriend them soon, if you have not already.

And please, please, please. Go read the Shack. Then we can talk about it, and all it's brilliance. Ooh, or we could talk about all the brilliance of God. (We can attempt that one, though we'll never get the full picture)

No comments: