Tuesday, January 6, 2009

a different perspective

Small towns have never been my favorites. But I shall forever like Staples, because of today. There's something comfortable about knowing your neighbors' names, and something reassuring in knowing where everything is, (whether or not there is much there doesn't matter). It's nice to see a coffee shop run solely by teenagers, and used by teenagers as a place to hang out together and bond. And, it's different to have quiet. I've never had quiet, even Lincoln had those darned peacocks.

The drive home was somewhat long, but I had a good (illegal. haha) phone conversation until I parked in the garage. Someone decided that they needed to makes sure I got home safely. I'm not going to lie, even though I protested, I greatly appreciated it, and I'm very thankful that they called me.

I am so thankful for today, and for the friendship that I have. It was ridiculous, but I loved every second of it.

No comments: