Thursday, January 22, 2009

listening

to French, is funny. Not to mention fantastic. And you know what's even better than simply listening to people speak French? Wait for it...

listening to Eddie Izzard do a show in French. Yeah. Indeed. It's A-mazing. Which reminds me. What ever happened to the A-mazing candy bars? They were tasty. I think they came out back in like freshman year, but still. They came and went as quickly as Pepsi Blue (which is also disappointing to me). [And as a side note. If you do not know who I'm talking about (which means you haven't been within earshot since Christmas, or your initials are not SRL) then I suggest going immediately to youtube and watching "Cake or Death" or "Flag". Or perhaps buying/renting one of his stand ups, particularly Dress To Kill. He's brilliant.]

Firstly, I find that I am extremely random. Which I personally don't mind at all, I think it's fantastic. However, I'm always curious to see and hear is what everyone else's reaction is to my spontaneous craziness. I get some good reactions once in awhile, funny looks or snickers. Always entertaining.

I also can say that for the first time in the last two years, I'm 100% completely and totally content with life. I shall not complain, because even if there is something to whine about, I have no desire to do so, nor do I believe that it shall help. I'm optimistic, and happy. I walk around campus smiling because there's always something to smile about. Always. Really, there is! I pray that you find reason to smile in days to come. For example, yesterday, when I left French (which is in and of itself a reason to smile) the guy in the belltower, was playing a song. The bells weren't simply ringing. They were playing a song. That's bloody fantastic. Or, for example, today, I put my shuffle on inbetween classes, and the first song that came on was one that I hadn't heard in ages, that I had forgotten that I even liked. Woot.

I can't stop smiling. I'm so thankful, so excited, so happy. I am completely in love with every breath I am taking and every beat of my heart. God is great.

No comments: