Monday, January 12, 2009

late conversations

And to think, last night was the night I was supposed to actually go to bed at a decent hour, because my main distraction started class again today. Well, that didn't happen. I ended up staying awake much later than I would've guessed, and much later than my average for the past week even. Yet, it was more than worth it, because I had a fabulous conversation with one of the people that I love dearly.

I have come to realize that I need people. I mean, it shouldn't be a revelation, but it kind of is, after so long of wanting to do my own thing. It's really good to talk to people about life, about everything that's going on, about your pains, failures, weaknesses. It's good to have someone listen. I've found that it's so destructive to hold all of it in, because then it gets harder to finally let go later. I think my walls are finally starting to break a bit, and that scares me, but more than that, it makes me glad.

I'm excited to have a group of girlfriends that legitimately know who I am, and love me anyway. I can't say that I've ever had that, and I think I've been found wanting. I can't wait to be back in Madtown, and start the semester off the right way. I praise God for my friends.

No comments: