Tuesday, December 16, 2008

quiet much?

It's finals week, and the rule of the dorm is that essentially, quiet hours are all the time until people go home. There is not supposed to be any more noise. There shouldn't be any crazy parties, any doors slamming, any loud voices. It's supposed to be a place to relax and chill, and study, because heck, finals can be stressful. I'm not honestly all that stressed out, but at the same time, I'm a little worried to think that maybe I'm not worried enough. However, I am not, and it'll end up as it ends up, and it's too late now for me to wish that I had done more. Still, I appreciate the tranquility that is supposed to be my dorm.

Some kids next door just got busted, (and I believe cited) for noise violation. It was at about midnight, which means that even if it wasn't finals week, quiet hours would've started an hour before they were loud. I'm not saying that I'm trying to go to bed right now. Because I'm up. Listening to music. Going over my notes. And such. BUT, there was a time a few weeks ago when I did have to wake up for a 7:45 test, and they kept me awake long past when I wanted to sleep. I was too tired and too apathetic to call the housefellow at that time, but have recently started thinking about doing so if it happened again. This time, however, the housefellow showed up without my doing anything. I am thankful, but I had nothing to do with it.

One of the girls came and was writing on my door. I opened it, because I knew she was out there (she wasn't quiet). And she thinks that I called the housefellow here to bust them. The fun part is, I simply threaten. I never have taken action. I'm a bum. I figure I can just tell them that I will, and it'll scare them enough to shut up. It's worked before. So, she thinks I called, and asks me "Jenna, did you call the housefellow to tell on us?" When I told her that it wasn't me, really, she replies by saying that she doesn't believe me.

So I ask you...What's the point of asking a question when you won't believe the answer? Why would she ask me, just to say, "Well, it doesn't matter anyway, I think you did." Okay, so you think I told on you...Why even bother to confront me about it? I told the truth, yet it didn't phase her. I don't understand why she would waste her breath, if what I say doesn't affect her opinion. Her time would be better used sleeping than telling me she thinks I'm a tattle-tell.

...And to think, that I'm in college now. Hah. I wonder if some people will ever grow up.

No comments: