Friday, April 10, 2009

those nights

I remember when we used to laugh
About nothing at all
It was better than going mad
From trying to solve all the problems we're going through
Forget 'em all
Cause on those nights we would stand and never fall
Together we faced it all

Remember when we'd stay up late and we'd talk all night
In a dark room lit by the tv light
Through all the hard times in my life
Those nights kept me alive
[Skillet]

I love and hate memories. It always makes me kind of sad to be nostalgic, because I remember all of the good times, and for a moment, it feels like it won't ever be like that again. Even if it's for a moment, and no longer, it's a terrible feeling. Looking back and remembering all of the laughs, all of the joy with people, and knowing that it might not happen like that in the future...well honestly, it sucks. And yet, I realize how fortunate and how blessed I am to have so many wonderful memories, of friends/family. Road trips. Summer. Camping. Late night talks. Friends.

Then I stop and think about the future. Not that I want time to speed by, but I do look forward to all the things that will happen in the next days/weeks/months/years. I'm about 90% sure that I've made a decision. I think I know what I need to do this summer, and next year. I'm just going to trust God with it all, and follow where He's leading. I'd be stupid to try to fight it. Even if this isn't how I thought things would be, you know what? It's okay. I need to be reminded that I'm not in charge at all, and if this is how it works, then I'm all for it.

I hope that you are happy with your choices. I am with mine, and I pray that everyone has such peace about things. Have a fantastic Easter weekend, and remember why we celebrate it, how much it cost.

No comments: