Saturday, April 18, 2009

almost over

Freshman year is quickly coming to a close, and it brings strange emotions with it. I only have 3 more weeks of classes. The countdown has been going on, but it's finally sinking in. This is almost over. I can barely believe it, because I remember so vivdly just starting school this year, and now, it's only a memory? Seriously? I hate time so so much. I hate how things can change so drastically in such a short amount of time. People come and go, things happen, it's one of my least favorite things, but I realize that it is also one of my greatest teachers. 

There was so much that I wanted to accomplish this year. And honestly, a lot of things never happened, never got close. However, a lot of things that I didn't expect, and some things that I wouldn't have dreamed did happen, and I'm so thankful for those. 

I am going to enjoy this summer more than past ones I'm guessing. It will be longer, which is nice, but beyond that, it'll be very different. I need a break from this. As much as I love school and the people, and everything connected to it, I just need a break from it all. From the pressure, and the being horribly broke, and the terrible food. I need to chill, and that's what I plan on doing. I have a few things that I need to do, but for the most part, I am going to detox from freshman year. I'm looking forward to these next few weeks, but I think I'll be glad to see them end. I need something new so that I can forget some things. 

I finally made a decision...and I feel like it was the right one. I don't regret having to give up something, but it makes me sad nonetheless. It would've been amazing. There was a point a few months back when I would've thought about how this decision would affect other things, but I don't have to worry about that anymore, and it's a huge relief in all honesty. 

A friend of mine recently saw someone from her past. I think that after this weekend, I can totally relate to that feeling of pain. While it was a great thing for me to get out of the dorms and be off campus, last night...man. My surroundings brought back a recent memory, one that I wish I could just get rid of. I bet that it will always be around when I come back here, and I wish that it weren't so. I want to just rid myself of everything connected to it, but it's going to be harder than I thought.

I fell a lot harder than I thought I would. It makes me wonder what the future holds. But hopefully, this will all go away soon. It is almost over, right? Let's pray for a new dawn. The good news is that this is true... and that we can be glad in Him no matter what. It can be hard, but it's more than worth it.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is Gods will for you in Christ Jesus."


1 comment:

Roberta said...

Thanks for reminding me to give thanks in all circumstances. Your writing is encouraging! :)