Wednesday, September 30, 2009

last one

This is my last blog. I know, I know, you probably don't believe me. However, it's true. I am going to bid you adieu. A lot of thinking has gone into this, and I just... I can't do it anymore. I feel as though I've gotten used to telling everyone everything via this blog, and I no longer feel as if it is appropriate to do so. I don't even know who you are, or who reads this, and therefore, I feel as though honestly, if you want to know things, you should talk to me. Information about myself, about my hopes and dreams and desires shouldn't be online for anyone to access. I guess I never really grasped this concept before, and now I'm putting it into action. A lot of the time, I think that I put specific things on this just to see if someone will respond in the way that I think they ought to. I hate that once in awhile I bait people like that, whether it works or not. I'm stopping.

Not only that, but I feel as if a lot of my precious time goes into me telling you about things on this. As my friend pointed out, I tend to blog when I have homework due (I have another essay due tomorrow...) and he's right, this happens all the time. I can't waste that time anymore. I can't blog instead of do my homework. I can't go on facebook when I should read my Bible. If following after Christ is my main objective, than these things are getting in the way of that. While it is not a direct cause and effect relationship, blogging gives me just one more excuse to ignore other things. Therefore, this is no longer rational, nor justifiable. I pray that I instead use the time that would've gone into blogging, into deepening my faith and pursuing my savior. I can think of no greater goal.

All in all - thanks if you cared enough to read this, but if you want to know how I'm doing, find a different way to do so.

With affection,
-me

No comments: