Friday, May 8, 2009

my mouse is green

So, I have this terrible procrastination issue. Literally, I started researching for my paper 3 weeks ago, yet I have not written a single word for the actual paper. Somehow, my brain keeps telling me that I function best under pressure, and therefore, apparently, I keep putting it under pressure so that I can actually get things done. I should've done this a long long time ago, yet here I sit, in Steenbock, finally. The paper is due in...about three days. I'm sitting here, downloading all of the Copeland cds that I borrowed from Josh (thank you) and I'm extremely nervous about attempting to put down all of these thoughts down into the form of an essay.

That being said, while my brain is on one hand absolutely freaking out, at the same time, it keeps saying "It'll be fine, this will be easy, you've done this before, don't worry." I can't help but be a bit worried by the constant reassurance.

Today was the last day of classes. Today, the end of my first year of college begins to come to a close. It no longer is a far-off ordeal, instead, I shall be completely done within 5 days. It's so soon, so real. It'll be strange to go home for the summer, but I know that it is where I'm supposed to be for the next few months. There are a few people that I really need to talk to from back home. There are some things that I need to get done.

I think the strangest thing I realized this year is simply how many opportunities there are. Honestly, they're limitless if you think about it. I mean, one second, I think I'm going to catch a plane and go to Belgium, the next, I'm a leader for next fall. And then, out of almost nowhere, I consider rushing a sorority. Then I hear talk of there being a club soccer team next year, in which case, of course I want to play. Now? I'm looking into going to Israel my junior year to study abroad. There's so much to do in this world, and I don't for a second want to miss any of it.

The Israel thing is pretty legit though...I switched out my French class next semester, and instead, I shall take Hebrew. Excited? Of course I am. I'll spend part of the summer filling out scholarships so that I can afford to go, because honestly, this is something that I have wanted forever. I've always loved history, archaeology. But Biblical studies? In Israel? Oh my gosh, could things get better?

I am staying off of this blog until finals are over (aka Wed, 10:00 am). Kind of like I'm not watching LOST again until then either...that one'll be hard. But I have a paper that I really need to start, and finish. So, until then, good luck with all of your studies, and I hope that your day was as awesome as mine was. :) Au revoir.

No comments: