Friday, August 14, 2009

do you believe in love?

I do. I have found reason to go back to believing in dreams and knights in shining armor. After this spring and all the drama, I'm so grateful to see that chivalry is alive and well in the world. It makes me really wonder though, about the future. I suppose I'm simply curious. I'm young, and I've most certainly never been in love. Yet, "happily ever after" is definitely something that I daydream about. (According to SRL, your brain thinks of either future or past 70% of the time. I guess we aren't really "here and now" very often). When I daydream about it, it makes me think of the different songs I've heard. All of the things - the poems, the stories, the lyrics - dedicated to love. I think of all of the songs that catch my attention, this one wins hand down at being my favorite as far as cuteness. I love the Beatles. They were (and are for the two still living) brilliant. Bloody brilliant. Someday, it would be nice if someone thought this, in regards to me.

I've just seen a face
I can't forget the time or place
where we just met
she's just the girl for me and
I want all the world to see we've met

Had it been another day
I might have looked the other way
and I'd have never been aware
but as it is I'll dream of her tonight

No comments: