Tuesday, June 9, 2009

'twould be useful

once in awhile to be male...

I have one major issue with being a female, and it is this: a lot of the time, it isn't safe for me to be somewhere alone.

I quite hate it. It gets in the way more than I would like. There are some things that I simply cannot do alone. While sometimes it is extremely awesome to do things in pairs, or groups, I feel a little held back at other moments. I want to go explore the world, want to go do something, yet I simply know that I shouldn't. Maybe it wouldn't be such a problem if seemingly everyone I knew wasn't so... anti-adventure. Seriously. I'm a little bit sick of hearing the phrase "I can't." It isn't true, and the sooner everyone realizes it, the better, in my opinion. There's a huge difference between "I can't" and "I just don't want to." People keep using the excuse that they aren't "able", and it's draining. Everyone, myself included, has 24 hours in a day. We all are quite capable of doing all of the things that I suggest. However, if you are going to put other priorities first, that is your choice...but don't tell me that you can't, because it simply isn't true. Instead, you're choosing something else. At least have the guts to say so, please.

I wish that I knew more people that are willing to just go do. Instead of sitting. My life would be a bit more interesting, at the very least. I suppose, for now, I'll trek onwards, limited though I may be in my options. Dangnabit.

(Sorry bout the rant...)

No comments: